Have micoscopic chronis. Diagnosed via blood test. Taking vitamin with mineral and vitamin plus pro botic. What else can be done?

I have beeen told that I have micoscopic chronis what should I avoid. Was dignoisis via blood test one out of 4 parts was positive. I have had as routine gatroscopic and colon scopic in April of 2012 and intestine Dr. felt that doing a lot of bipsop in intestine this test was enouff for now. He said if I were still having dirherra he would due the bipsoys I have found over time that I can not eat alot of fiber or fat, which since gall bladder surgery and high chol do not eat a lot of fat. I am 67 and just finding this out due to haveing an inflmation in both eyes which cause legal blindness, which is now normal. The greatest thing I remember the Dr. saying was to avoid a lot of caffine and can take pepto bispmol and Imoid. another concern since reading the information is malnution, which I try to eat a lot of veg & fruit and do excersis. Plus take a vit with mineral and vit plus other things plus take pro botic which is what intestinal Dr. said to do. so need to know what else I should do. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Ford poteau. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

You may feel helpless when diagnosed with Crohn's disease.

But change in diet and lifestyle will help control your symptoms and lengthen the interval between flare up's.

1. Limit dairy products.
2. Try low fat food.
3. Limit fiber if that is the problem food.
4. Avoid problem food
Eliminate any other food that seems to make your signs and symptoms worse.
5. Drink plenty of water
Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks because they stimulate the bowel and cause diarrhea.
Carbonated beverages produce lot of gas.
6. Consider multivitamin
Crohn's disease interferes with the absorption of nutrients.
7. Talk to a Dietician.

1. Stop smoking.
Smoking increases the risk of crohn's disease and worsens the symptoms if present.

2. Stress.
It can make your signs and symptoms worse and may trigger flare ups.

3. Exercise
Even a mild exercise can relieve stress and normalise bowel functions.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.