Have massive hair fall and hair are falling from the roots. Suggest medication and diet?

Question
Hi doctor,

I have massive hair fall and hair are falling from the roots!Please advice should i take medicine or any change in diet can also help.The hair volume has also been reduced.
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later

Do not take any medications orally for the hair fall. The best remedy for hair fall is application of MINOXIDIL 5% solution to the scalp every alternate day.

Minoxidil improves blood circulation to the air roots and helps in better growth and health.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have massive hair fall and hair are falling from the roots. Suggest medication and diet? 5 hours later
Hi Doctor XXXXXXX A. T

Thanks for your Quick Reply!

Is it a solution to be applied in wet hair and then for how long do i need to keep it and can i shampoo my hair after that,And any changes in the diet as i have already lost huge volume so wants to be extra careful now.

Please advice

XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 39 hours later

Thank for writing back.

Sorry for the delay in answering.

Minoxidil has to be applied to dry scalp, and leave it there without washing.

Do consume foods XXXXXXX in keratin, like proteins and fruits.

Hope, I answered your query.