Have mass growth on body. What care should be taken? Should I go for surgery?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
My Wife XXXXXXX has a mass in her Body .Detailed MRI scan and report is attached .Seek Your advise as can we report to MIOT for surgery and how safe it is and what would be the approx Hospital expenses?
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Radhakrishna Patta 8 hours later
Dear Mr.Suresh!

Your wife seems to have a cystic lump in front of her sacral bone. It does not look ominous to me and can be safely removed. I suggest you go ahead with surgery. It most probably may be a neuro-ectodermal tumor and generally does not recur. I cannot comment on the expense as it varies from hospital to hospital.

Do write back if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Have mass growth on body. What care should be taken? Should I go for surgery? 2 hours later
Which is the best hospital for this surgery in Chennai and in Coimbatore?
Answered by Dr. Radhakrishna Patta 23 minutes later

For best results it requires a combination of the best of surgical technique and equally best technology. You can XXXXXXX me at Apollo Hospital in Chennai, the best team within your reach.