Have marble size lump on neck. Having headache and blurred vision. how to get cured?

i have a lump marble size on the right side of my neck very tender last 2 days bad headaches and shooting painblurry vission so bad i came home from work.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering Right cervical lymphadenopathy.

2. The short duration of symptoms suggest it to be of infective origin. However the associated headache and difficulty in vision need to be evaluated.

3. I would suggest you to visit a Surgeon and get the lymph node evaluated.

4. A 10 to 14 days course of antibiotics is required and if still there is no resolution then the next recommended step is FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology) from the swelling.

5. For difficulty in vision and headache , please get yourself evaluated by an ophthalmologist and get refractory error ruled out. If the complaints still persists then a detailed evaluation in the form of a CT scan brain may be required at a later stage.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra