Have major pain on the leg muscles. What is causing this and the cure?

dear doctor
i have major pain on the leg muscles just during car driving and it starts after 2 hours driving .
If i stop after for a few minutes the pain will go and i'am good to go for the next 2 hours ,
can you help with that ?
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query. The pain you are facing could be either nerve related or vascular related or muscle pain , please help me with the following details in order to help me get to a better conclusion

1. How long have you been on Crestor and what dose?
2. How best can you describe the pain? Dull aching, shooting, sharp pricking or pulling?
3. Have you noticed this pain while exercising or walk long distances as well?
4. Which leg pains? Right or left?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Have major pain on the leg muscles. What is causing this and the cure? 4 hours later
1 the lowest one 10 mg a day on the evening
2 XXXXXXX pain under the muscle between the waist and the knees on bought size
3 i am still playing footbal at nice level for my ages ,although difficult not to have cramps before the end of the much ,i need really to be super shape , i taking already
200 mg q10 every morning .
I am training almost everyday to stay in shapp.
4 please notice that ,that pains only happeness when I am driving .

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 hours later

Thanks for replying

After taking your detailed history it looks like the pain in due to your sitting position causing entrapment of the nerve. I suggest you slightly change the seating position preferably with a good lumbar support in order to avoid this. You could also get down of the car and stretch a little as 2 hours is a very long time to drive without a break. As of now there is nothing to worry and it does not look like spinal cord, nerve or vascular involvement.
Continue your training. I am happy you are doing so and also take your medication regularly

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further question please accept my answer.

I wish you good health