Have major knee pain right during period. Irregular periods. Suggest remedy to get rid of pain?

Hi I have major knee pain right before and during my period. I also have very irregular periods, anywhere from 18 to 44 days. Went to an endo and all hormone levels are fine, they thought it was PCOS but it was not. I do have some ovarian cysts. I'm a slim, active girl who eats healthy. Someitmes the knee pain and cramping pain is so bad, I am awoken from my sleep....I don't know what's wrong, no doctor gets it. I am 33 and started my period at 17. Not sure if that has anyting to do wiht it. any advice, suggestions, etc. pleaes let me know. as it is now, I am in a lot of pain right now and cant sleep. thank you all so very much.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PCOS still possible

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX even if your hormones are normal, there is a chance that you have pcos. It’s a complex metabolic condition, which has to be diagnosed with all parameters in mind. Having several small cysts on the ovary can also point towards pcos. If you have cysts larger than 1cm then you have ovarian cyst. Anything larger than 3cm may need surgery. You should be put on oral hormone medication for 6 months at least. Make sure that your Lh, Fsh, prolactin and thyroid are all normal.