Have lymphedema. Cancer mastidzed in spleen, ovaries and kidney. Taking antidepressants. Suggest

Nov 2013

Question name is XXXXXXX I have made it thru stage 4 ovarian. My surgery was march 1911. I do have lymphedema in one angle. Over all I feel good. My cancer mastidzed to my splee ,my ovaries,one kidney,some lmphnodes edge of my liver. Thanks to God and my wonderful dr. I am a fair amount of Meds. Mostly antipressants. And some for pain.I was on fx called insurance charges 255. For 30days. I used to get it for 90 ct. For $35.
I've been off 3weeks now. I fall asleep at any moment. Even while driving. Help please. I am cancer free now . I have a cat scan and a blood test every 3 months. My last ca125 was an 8. I just cannot stay awake.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

I am glad that you won over your cancer and I salute you!

Regarding excessive sleepiness, first of all, check whether any of your current medications, especially antidepressants are responsible for it. Your pharmacist or doctor can help you in that.

Another condition to exclude would be snoring during nights, causing sleep apnea and awakenings in night, which causes daytime sleepiness.

Medicines that can help you stay awake in daytime include modafinil and dopamine agonists such as pramipexole or ropinirole.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist