Have lumps and inflammation near joints on arms phlebitis. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a lot of lumps and inflammation near my joints they say on my right arm its phlebitis I had it for 7 month its getting worst
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to continue medication and find cause .

Detailed Answer:

Phlebitis is inflammation and infection of veins; you need to take medication so that it will not get aggravated.
Phlebitis is caused by local trauma to a vein[ an intravenous catheter] However, phlebitis can also occur due to a complication of connective tissue disorders such as lupus, or of pancreatic, breast, or ovarian cancers. Phlebitis can also result from certain medications and drugs that irritate the veins.
Usually this can happen due to low immunity also.

Treatment usually consists of NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, and local compression (e.g., by compression stockings or a compress). If the phlebitis is associated with local bacterial infection, antibiotics may be used.

I will advise to do some investigation like ultrasound and venous Doppler. Complete blood profile.
Add tab methylcobal 1500 once day and tab evion 400 once a day.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.