Have lump under skin close to vaginal opening. How to cure this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
I have lump under the skin about the size of a large marble. It is situated by my pubic bone to the right of my vaginal opening. I don't have any pain from it.
I have noticed however, when aroused, it becomes larger.
Please advise.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 37 minutes later

According to your description as the lump is situated near the vaginal opening, that could be a bartholin cyst.
When the duct of bartholin gland gets occluded cyst forms. When the cyst gets infected abscess can form.
If you are mentioning about a lump which is situated right to labia majora, then that could be a lymph-node.
Anyhow as the lump is increasing in size better to consult gynecologist once and get examined to find out the possible cause and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have lump under skin close to vaginal opening. How to cure this? 11 hours later
Thank you for your answer.
The lump has been there for some time but has not changed in size except for when I mentioned before but it returns back to original size.

Just curious as to what is the cause of something like this and is there any possibility of the cyst becoming XXXXXXX eg bursting under the skin and getting an infection of some sort?

Cheers.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Yes, sometimes the cyst can become infected and can form abscess.
As the lump size is increasing and decreasing, better to rule out the possibility of infection.
So consult gynecologist once and get examined.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.