Have lump under nipple, swollen lymph node on neck and pain all over body. Reason?

i am a 12 year old girl, and i have a lump under my nipple and the nipple is squishy and puffed out. i have also recently noticed a swollen lymph node in the right side of my neck, and a small bump by my right ear that hurts. i have been having random pains throughout my body too. i am really nervous. please help. thanks
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later

The lump under the nipple can be due to-

1. Fibro cystic disease of the breast: sometimes small noncancerous lumps will occur in the breast usually because of hormonal influence.
Sometimes lumps may not be felt.
Swelling, tenderness of the breast, itchy nipples can be seen in this.
2. Mastitis: Infection in the breast tissue. It is characterized by pain, swelling and redness of the breast. In case of presence of breast abscess fever can also be seen.
3. Presence of lumps (fibroadenoma) or cysts in the breast.

The lump in the neck and the one by the ear are likely local lymph nodes swellings due to an infection in the head and neck region and not the breast lump.

Do visit a local Gynecologist or a General surgeon for examination and if needed they may order a mammogram which will help in diagnosing the cause.
Depending on the result you can take the treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have lump under nipple, swollen lymph node on neck and pain all over body. Reason? 24 minutes later
Thank you! What about the body pains?? Do you think they could be growing pains???
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

The body pains that you are having could be
- due to the infection that you are having that is causing the lymph node swelling/right ear pain
- it could be related to the hormonal changes
- growing pains.

These will subside on their own once the other symptoms subside.

Hope my answer is helpful. Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Have lump under nipple, swollen lymph node on neck and pain all over body. Reason? 54 minutes later
Thank you! I went to my dr, and she diagnosed me with gynecomastia in my nipple, but she told me nothing about it. Do you happen to know anything about gynecomastia?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Gynecomastia is the physiological breast enlargement at your age due to the effect of feminine hormones. This will gradually become even and then you will not feel the lump.
This is not suggestive of any pathology. Please do not worry.