Have lump under nipple. Hurts to touch. What is causing this and cure to be done?

Oncologist, Radiation
I am a 48 year old male and both nippels hurt my left one has a lump under it and hurt more than the right one . When i pinch it it feels like it wants to pop like a zit . also when it hurt it makes me a little quwosy
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 2 hours later
Can you please mention following details
-Is your breast swelling associated with cracks, fissure or ulceration?
- Do you notice any nipple retraction?
- Is it associated with pain?
-what is the consistency of the swelling? Like hard, firm or soft.
-is there any associated swelling in other part of body (like in armpit)?
-do you have any family history of similar disease?
Please give me these information, I will answer your further queries.
Follow-up: Have lump under nipple. Hurts to touch. What is causing this and cure to be done? 14 hours later
No there is no swelling , cracking , retraction . There is just a lump under and next to my left nipple . The lump is kinda firm . No swelling in the armpits no similar disease in the family .
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 11 minutes later

Thanks for update.

Nipple pain in the absence of associated skin and nipple changes is not associated with a serious pathology. However as you are able to feel a lump under the left nipple it needs to be investigated further.

Ultrasound scan/Mammography can give us more hints as to understand the nature of the lesion. I would urge you to visit your doctor's office and plan the test at the earliest.

In the interim warm compresses can give pain relief. And so does analgesics like tylenol pain relief. You can take tylenol twice a day for a few days.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for clarifications.