Have lump outside vagina. Hurts to touch. Any solution to cure this?

Dec 2012

Hi. I have a lump outside my vagina. It is pressing on my leg sometimes. It now has a purple head. It hurts when I touch it or it accidentally presses on my leg. I have had it less than a week.
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting and welcome to XXXXXXX
Now per your description you are more likely having a developing abscess which within a couple of days will probably collect pus and will need to be excised and drained by a surgeon. Antibiotics will be required as it is usually caused by a bacteria or group of bacteria. Consulting with a gynobs could be additional benefit. Given that I could not take a look at the lump, it is important that I mention the fact that your lump could be due to a vaginal cyst, genital wart or a polyp.
Use pain killers if there is pain. Consult with a proper treatment.

Hope this was useful
Dr Nsah