Have lump on top of thigh after hernia operation. How to remove it?

Critical Care Specialist
Question
Lump on my top of my right thigh that I have had since I was a child and years ago after a hernia operation the surgeon told if I would have told him about it he could have removed it but he won't do it now cause he said it is an unnessacary surgery and it would never bother me. It is not painful at all
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ghaly 13 minutes later

Since it does not grow for years, you most likely have lipoma or sac of fat, which is very benign. It should not be of concern except if it is cosmetically bothering you, you may get it excised.

Do write back for further queries that you may have.

Follow-up: Have lump on top of thigh after hernia operation. How to remove it? 11 hours later
Could it possible be a calcium deposit?

Answered by Dr. Ghaly 3 hours later
if it is soft and moveable it is most likely lipoma..Calcium depost is not that common to present as just a lump

Follow-up: Have lump on top of thigh after hernia operation. How to remove it? 2 days later
Thank you. Now another one for you. I am trying to join the army and they found that i had a mild right sided bilateral varicocele and a moderate hydrocele. Everything came back good with that, now they are saying I have to see a urologists. I no idea why, just wondering if you could help with that.

Answered by Dr. Ghaly 7 hours later

The reason is that they could be corrected by surgery.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Have lump on top of thigh after hernia operation. How to remove it? 16 hours later
Thank You for your help.

Answered by Dr. Ghaly 29 hours later

Thank you too.

You may ask me a query at this link in future.

WWW.WWWW.WW