Have lump on left clavical area with some swelling. Flu shots can cause lympnodes to swell. But in clavical area?

Hi! I am a 54 year old woman and I have a lump that moves around on my left clavical area with some swelling. Had the flu shot 5 days ago and thats when I noticed it. I know flu shots can cause lympnodes to swell, but in the left clavical area? I did have the shot in my left arm.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 days later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be a reactive lymph node swelling.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The small mobile lump that you have noticed near your left clavicle after the flu vaccination in the same arm is likely to be due to a supraclavicular lymph node swelling.
Such small and mobile lymph nodes that are less than 2 cm in size are usually benign reactive swellings and are not worrisome. It will subside on its own in few weeks. In case there is an increase in its size with pain or ulceration or redness in the area, then an infection is likely and it needs active treatment after a detailed examination.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.