Have lump on left breast. Adviced to take ultra sound, FNAC, mammography and biopsy. Advice?

I am 49 yrs old male. Have lump on my left breast It pain when pressed for last 1 month initially it was approx 1 cm but it has increased to 3 cm within 1 month. I have consulted doctor he advise me for Ultra sound then for FNAC test both report are attached. Now he advise for mammography and biopsy for Histopathology. My treatment is on right track ?. Please advise

Further this same type lump was there in my elder brother 2 yrs back for which he also gone through Biopsy and doctor said after invastigation the lump is not cancerous.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 25 minutes later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Dear sir ,

Well looking into your history there is a fast growing lump that has been rightly investigated . Your treating doctor has rightly ordered the investigations .

Your USG report shows that the lesion is infiltrating into the breast parenchyma and some vascularity is also there . The FNAC report is moderate nuclear variation and atypia. Both these features are suspicious and warrant further tests to confirm the diagnosis.

Biopsy is the gold standard investigation and will give the final result . Mammography is also helpful in finding the extent of lesion . Both these investigations are necessary . Your treatment is on right track.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Have lump on left breast. Adviced to take ultra sound, FNAC, mammography and biopsy. Advice? 15 hours later

How much time required for Biopsy and when can I join duties after Biopsy. Please also advise Hospitals in Delhi for the same.

Please also advise for my KFT and LFT report attached

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Dear sir ,

Thanks for reverting back.

Well biopsy is generally one day procedure requiring hospitalisation and you can be discharged next day if no complications . Generally antibiotics continue and you can join duties by 2 days after that but that can be exactly predicted by your treating doctor . You can get it done in any hospital . Best would be AIIMS or RML hospital but since it is a regular procedure , you can get it done anywhere you like .

Dr. Shruti