Have lump on labia majora, not painful or itchy, fluid leaking, flesh colored. Clogged cyst? Have lymphoma

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
I have lymphoma and for the last 2 months I have a lump on my majora labia ( outer vulva) . It does not hurt , is not itchy, no fluids leaking, and appears to be flesh colored. Do you think it may be a clogged cyst? It is raised like a bean and is at least 1/2 inch in size.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
The exact nature of the lump can only be decided once we do a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC). This needs to be done by your local Obgyn. It could be a bartholin cyst but it could be a lymphoma as well. Lymphomas are known to involve the genital organs.If you are taking general treatment,that will suffice.
Do not worry for the lump on labia majora,it will subside with general treatment for lymphoma. A bartholin cyst would not respond to treatment for a lymphoma. It would need a course of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medication, warm compresses and perhaps drainage as well.
Let me know if I can address any more questions