Have lump on inside of clavicle. Painful to touch. Feels soft and fluid around. What can this be?

Hey, I have a small pea- sized lump on the inside of my clavicle, the sternal end, the other side does not have it. It's painful to touch and it's kinda feel like soft pebble-like and feels like there is fluid all around it. What is it?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
this pea sized lump could simply be a boil, a closed comedone, sebaceous cyst, lipoma,keloid, enlarged lymph node, cutaneous tuberculosis or a lymphoma. The diagnosis can only be confirmed by a clinical examination and if the need be by biopsy or FNAC. I would advise a surgeon's visit so that a proper clinical history can be elicited along with clinical examination for appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
Attaching an image of the lesion along with answering these queries could help me to some extent in carrying the discussion further
duration of lesion
was always painful or became painful recently
movable or non moveable
color of the lesion
if any systemic features like fever, night sweats, persistent cough etc
surface of the lesion- color bluish, smooth or there is a puncta in middle.

Hoping to hear from you soon.