Have lump on head. Hurts to touch. How to remove this?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hello I have a lump on top of my head and one in the back of my head it has shrunk but recently grew a bit. I don't have all the money to see a doctor nor a specialist I recently picked at it hoping it was something that popped and now my head bump hurts a little I wish I didn't have a bump on my head and it will go away how can it?
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 14 minutes later

Thanks for writing your query.

I wonder if you suffered any injuries to the head.

The lump you described seems most likely to be a soft tissue swelling and will subside in due course of time. I would not be concerned as you don't report any associated symptoms.

I suggest you to take antiinflammatory medicine like Ibuprofen one tablet twice a day after meals along with antiulcer tablets like prilosec OTC.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Have lump on head. Hurts to touch. How to remove this? 12 hours later
Thanks for suggesting that i am going to definately buy both of the prescriptions only thing is what if youve had the lumps for like two years even though they werent as big does all of the above still apply ?
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later

Thanks for providing more information.

If the lump is for about 2 years and the size has increased, then it should be properly investigated and clinically examined to rule out any malignancy.

Investigation like Biopsy/ FNAC(Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) will be helpful.

You can take the previously prescribed medicine for about 3-5 days and see the response. If the swelling is not decreasing, you should go for the FNAC.

I hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Have lump on head. Hurts to touch. How to remove this? 7 hours later
I picked at it with a steralized needle hoping it would pop and it didnt and since the it seems like it got irritated, grew a little and stings! And thats a better picture than before thanks.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 9 hours later

I would suggest that you should not try any procedure on the swelling by yourself.

FNAC is a medical procedure, which is done by experts by equipments designed for the purpose. It will help in knowing whether any malignant cells are present in the swelling.

Please get yourself examined clinically.