Have lump on gum line with jaw and ear pain. Had face swelling. What could it be?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I have a hard lump on the inside, right bottom gum line. A little smaller than a pea.. I have never noticed it before. I also have jaw and ear pain. Additionally, the other day, I had pain on that side of my face (as if I had eaten something sour) and then that side of my face swelled up for about 2 hours.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anti Inflammatory medicine will help. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. The pain you experienced seems to be due to the swelling in your gums. The swelling can be due to some injury while eating or it can be due to gum infection. Warm saline rinses will help in relieving your symptoms. If the pain persists, you can take anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen twice daily after meals along with an antacid. Antibiotic may be needed if infection is the cause. Avoid irritant foods rich in spices. An oral examination will be helpful. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.