Have lump on bone. Having tingling feeling from knee to foot. What can be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a lump on my XXXXXXX bone.. Only hurts when I press on it. It has been present for 2 weeks. Now feeling tingling up and down from knee to foot. Don't remember hitting anything.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Lump on the XXXXXXX bone that is painful on pressure can be caused by any number of conditions, including infections, inflammation, tumors and trauma. Since there is no history of injury, it can be due to-
1. Abscess or infection.
2. Spontaneous hematoma- due to a bleeding disorder
3. XXXXXXX splints.
4. Muscle sprain or tear.
5. Lipoma or fibroma.
6. Infrapatellar bursitis.
You should have the relevant investigations done like FNAC, x-ray of the area, blood counts done to know the cause of the lump. You should consult an orthopedician for the physical examination and treatment.
Meanwhile you should avoid weight bearing on the foot, provide adequate rest and do a cold compress in the area for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.