Have lump inside nostril. Discomfort in breathing. Having pain in right eye. Suggestions

I have a lump inside my right nostril which has been ther for a while I am now having pain in the right eye and sometimes that eye seems larger than the left. This is now affecting my ability to breath through that nostril
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query

With the progression of the mass you have described, it is very important to rule out tumor which could be malignant.
You need to see a doctor so that tumors of the rhinopharynx should be excluded.

A CT scan would be asked in order to adequately situate the extend, relation and origin of the tumor. Malignant tumors are usually associated with weight loss and altered general condition.

You should treat this as an urgent matter.

Hope this answers your query, if you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards