Have lump in throat, trouble while swallowing and heart issues. Is this normal?

I have a lump in my throat for a week now. I don't even what it is like to be normal anymore since I am having a lot of hearth issues. Is this normal? I do have trouble swolling and get food stuck in my throat. I am not choaking, it is just annoying
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later

The lump in your throat may be due to an acute infection in the upper airway. It can be acute Tonsillitis, pharyngitis, or just a streptococcal sore throat. All these do cause a painful swallowing and difficulty in eating food.

A course of simple antibiotic like Amoxicillin- clavulinic acid combination may help you greatly. This is a prescription drug. It is advisable to XXXXXXX your Meanwhile, do warm saline gargling with lukewarm water and a pinch of salt in it, twice in a day for next 3 days.

I wish you quick recovery.

Do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.