Have lump in the side of neck. Did blood test for lukemia, all normal. Suggest?

General Surgeon
hi I have a lump in the side of my neck that is about the size of a marball I have only noticed it since yesterday I did have blood test done for lukemia on monday last week and all tests came back perfect what else could this be ? the reason why the doc sent me for the blood test in the first place is because im bruzing very easily
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be enlarged lymphnode

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX
Normally,multiple lymphnodes are present in the neck.They get enlarged in various conditions like bacterial infections,tuberculosis,sarcoidosis,lymphoma etc.
IT is nice to hear that blood tests for leukemia are negative.
For bruising,you need blood tests like Peripheral smear,Platelet count, Bleeding time,Clotting time,Prothrombin time,Plasma thromboplastin time.IF you have done these tests,Please send the reports as attachments.If all the blood tests are normal,then bleeding disorders are excluded.
My next line of management is Fine needle aspiration cytology(FNAC) of the swelling.If this is inconclusive,i prefer to remove the lymphnode/swelling and send it for histopathological examination(Biopsy).This test will confirm the diagnosis.
Please consult your doctor and proceed as per my advice.
Hope i answered your query.
If you have any questions,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health