Have lump behind right shoulder blade. What can this be?

Jul 2016

i have a lump behind my right shoulder blade about 7 cm , i really dont know what this is ?
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It probably is a diffuse Lipoma

Detailed Answer:

Based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that you have lump on your Rt shoulder.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to make comments on your problem.
1) What is the duration of this lump?
2) Is it painful?
3)Do have any history of trauma?

Mostly it is a diffuse Lipoma a soft tissue benign tumour arising from fat cells.
However final diagnosis has to be confirmed by clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon.

Please consult qualified General surgeon for clinical assessment .
You need to get it removed under general anaesthesia.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you