Have lump behind ear with ringing noise. Feels like swollen eardrum. What should be done?

I have a lump (lymph node) behind my right ear with ringing or noise in ear, loss of hearing. Feels like the ear drum is swollen. Onset about 6-8 months, lump is bigger now
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

If lump is associated with tinnitus (ringing) and loss of hearing, it probably is due to Otitis media complicated into mastoiditis.

Do take anti-inflammtories like tab Mortin 400mg twice daily after food , this will reduce the inflammation and swelling.

I suggest you to consult an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat ) specialist , who can confirm the fact after examining you.If the condition is in early stages then treatment with antibiotics would suffice,Mastoiditis if chronic is treated by surgery.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do ask if any doubts.