Have lumbar disc prolapse in L 4 & L 5 section. Getting pain when walking. Can it be cured by taking calcium ?

Spine Surgeon
I have lumbar disc prolapse in L 4 & L 5 sections. Now I'm on exercise. The problem is continuing since last one year. While walking I feel pain on the right side from heap to foot. Can it be cured by taking some calcium ? My e-mail address YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 42 minutes later

Thanks for query.

You have L4,5 disc prolapse .There is pain on right side .

Continue back extension exercises. Always sit supported. Never bend forward. Reduce weight if it is extra. These maneuvers may help in your pain reduction.Taking Calcium does not cure the condition.

If this fails, you may consult neuro or spine surgeon and discuss about the option of local epidural steroid injection. Do not worry, if all fails, surgery is always safe answer in such cases.

Hope that answers your query.