Have lumbar disc dessication with crps due to work injury and pregnant. Whom to consult for proper cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Hi which doctor do I need to see when I have lumbar disc dessication with crps I'm also 4 weeks pregnant This was a work injury can I make them help with the cost of having this much wanted baby
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.

You would need to see a neurologist/neurosurgeon for lumbar disc dessication. Initial treatment would consist of medications to relieve neuropathic pain such as pregabalin or gabapentin. In addition, physiotherapy may also be advised.

If symptoms do not improve, occasionally epidural injections are also advised.

You can surely ask for compensation if your symptoms are related to work injury.

I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any follow-up queries.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: Have lumbar disc dessication with crps due to work injury and pregnant. Whom to consult for proper cure? 1 hour later
Hi
Are injections safe for me while I'm pregnant will this have any effect on the baby.
Thanking you for your time

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.
Injections are required only if medical treatment and physiotherapy fail. Generally, they are safe in pregnancy.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)