Have lumbar canal stenosis, frequent urination. Any solution other than catheter?

Oncologist, Surgical
My father is a on bed from a month due to lumbar canal steniosis and he is problem of frequent urination . My mother is old so can do much , so can one
The doctor said that he will not put the catheter as my father gets infection due to th esme
Can any let me know best adult diapers in India or in US that is most comfortable and with no sideeffets

Also if anyone can let me know how can we solve the problem of frequent urination some othet means
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your father's problem. The problem of frequent urination could be due to the lumbar canal stenosis (pressure on the nerves), urinary infection or prostate hypertrophy, which is common in the old age.
Firstly, his urine should be tested and he should be started on antibiotics to treat the UTI. There are many adult diaper brands available and you can easily purchase it from a chemist shop.
Some brands are:
Depend, Tena, PER-FIT,Dignity & Maxi Care. You can choose any one of them.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Follow-up: Have lumbar canal stenosis, frequent urination. Any solution other than catheter? 44 hours later
Can u please tell me best male physiotheraphist and Accrupressue in Nagpur and Massage person
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 30 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for asking your query at XXXXXXX Although I am not well versed with the Nagpur area but I found out these references on the internet and they seem to be reasonable.

Active Care Physiotherapy
WWW.WWWW.WW Smruti Nagar
098 90 0000

Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Khedikar, 63,Rukhmini,Nagar,New Subhedar Layout
0712 274 2165

Navajeevan Physio Therapy Clinic
G-27, 10, New Ramdaspeth, New Ramdaspeth
0712 253 3923

Hoping for the best.