Have lower back pain, shoulders are hurt and tenderness on knuckle. What is the treatment?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Strange things happening!!! i have chronic lower back pain (ONLY while sleeping, starts hurting at 4-5am), nothing on MRI lumbar or thoraxic, i drive a lot every day, im 5'11'' 33 yrs old. Smetimes it bother me on the day but almost always is while sleeping, at first nothing then midnight 4-5am starts! And does not lets me sleep. Shoulders hurts from time to time when sleeping on the side, sometimes the hurted shoulder gets really painfull thaticannot even raise my arm in 1-2 days.. 1 month ago teared a meniscus without any sports or reason, got an MRI for this also then 2 weeks later my other knee started to get the same feeling of hurt, but it lasted for 2-3 days onky, now im fine.. Now, One specific hand Knucle where the finger bents in the middle hurts on morning also No inflammation or redness! Dont remember having hurted myself, this started after nothing, before i woke up started feeling pain while sleeping and at mornings i feel pain then on the day it tends to go away a little bit so i could continue to do this normally, yes there some tendernes on the knucle when i press on the sides of the finger, but nothing like while sleeping.. This happends every morning, this specific knucle for the past 8 days..
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: To pinpoint the diagnosis following tests needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Seems you are suffering from multiple joint pain - Polyarthritis with early morning stiffness. Joint pains in young can be due to autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. To pinpoint the diagnosis, complete physical examination and investigations like complete blood counts, ESR, RA factor, CRP, serum uric acid, serum creatinine, X-ray and MRI joints from an Orthopaedician are needed. You can take Vit.D and calcium supplements. Pain killers like Indomethacin 25mg can be taken to reduce stiffness and pain. Routine physical activity is always advised as this will prevent stiffness from aggravating. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care Warm Regards