Have lower back pain, frequent urination, headache and feeling tired. How to get relief?

Spine Surgeon
I have lower back pain, frequent urination, headache, tired, and hurts to touch lower left side of back. Almost feels like its bruised, but no bruise there. I have also been feeling dizzy every so often, especially when standing up from sitting and occasional tingling in hands.
Posted Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
It seems you have generalised weakness. If you feel tired all the time with frequent urination first thing, need to check your blood sugar level. I would suggest that you get a complete metabolic profile and thyroid function tests to know if anything wrong going on.
Regarding back pain, it could be a simple muscle ache or may be disc degeneration. Need to get spine X-rays as well. There is some more information that I need from you:
a. Do you get pain in the night also?
b. Do you get a good sleep at night?
c. Do you have any leg pain?
We will be able to discuss this better once I have this information.
Follow-up: Have lower back pain, frequent urination, headache and feeling tired. How to get relief? 1 hour later
I do wake up with pain in the left side of my back and sometimes down the front of my left leg. I also have painful sex and abnormal period. I usually get at least 8hrs off sleep, but lately feel tired as soon as I wake and feel like I always need a nap.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 9 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Based on the details provided, I would suggest to get the spine X-rays and other investigations as discussed above.

Sometimes symptoms of spine issues considerably overlap with mental tiredness or depression. I wonder if you are depressed too. That being said, I think right now you need to be investigation to rule out serious medical problems as mentioned in my earlier reply. Treatment can be planned based on the results. Therefore I encourage you to visit an orthopedic - he/she can tailor the investigation process.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.