Have lower back pain and noticed dark brown urine. What is the treatment?

Sep 2013

dark brown looking urine for a week image included..lower left back pain for a day now.29/m
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dark colored urine. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. According to this attached report urine is dark brown colored. Usually this is due to blood in urine . We call it as gross hematuria . Usually this is an indicative of bleeding from the urinary tract system ( kidney , ureter, bladder & urethra). I would come up with these possibilities , these includes. 1 Stones anywhere in urinary tract pain . As stones in this system develops blood in urine and back pain ( radiating pain) .Diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound of urinary tract system. 2 Cancer of kidney, diagnosis can be confirmed by M R I . As dark brown colored urine was from last seven days (as pain in from just one day ).So this may be due to neoplasm . 3 Tuberculosis , this is most common cause of hematuria . Diagnosis can be confirmed by clinical history , blood examination for C B C , E S R . 4 Trauma may be the reason ( if injury recent , past). At the age of 29 years dark colored urine with back pain is concerning. You need to investigated with ultrasound of urinary system with urine culture and serum creatinine level to isolate the case. I would recommend you visit an urologist at the earliest & sort this problem. Hope these in formation will be helpful for you. If further any question , you can ask in follow up. Good luck. Dr. HET