Have lower abdominal pain. Noticed bleeding during and after sex. Having extreme tiredness. Had hysteroscopy. What could this be?

Mar 2013
I have lower abdominal pain, pain and bleeding during and after sex, pain and vaginal bleeding during and after a bowel movement, extreme tiredness, sleeping a lot and lower back pain.
I had a hysteroscopy and nothing was seen.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Thanks for your query
You should have an evaluation for cervical lesions again if not done recently,
Cervical polyps, erosions, pure malignant lesions - all could cause post coital bleeding.
Endometrial polyps, fibroids etc could cause this too,
Endometriosis is another very likely reason, and it is often picked up only by a diagnostic laparoscopy.
Please go for a transvaginal ultrasound, and a laparoscopy , if symptoms don't remit.
Take care, and feel free to discuss further
Follow-up: Have lower abdominal pain. Noticed bleeding during and after sex. Having extreme tiredness. Had hysteroscopy. What could this be? 16 minutes later
I have had a transvaginal ultrasound, nothing was seen.
I had a colposcopy and smear test done in January. The smear test came back normal but there were some frail vessels on the edge of the neck of the womb which bled when touched.
Another colposcopy was attempted in March but was unsuccessful as visulization of the cervix was very problematic due to a long and large vagina making detailed examination impossible.
I then had a hysteroscopy 3 weeks ago and a merina coil fitted to try and ease the pain and bleeding.
I am still getting constant low abdominal pain, bright red vaginal bleeding and clots with a bowel movement, intermittant bleeding between periods and pain and bleeding every time after intercourse.
I am at a complete loss as to what to do. The gynae just kept pushing the coil saying it would help with the bleeding in between periods and didnt really pay any attention to the problem with bleeding after bowel movements.
This has been going on months now and i am so tired all the time. No energy to do anything.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
I strongly suspect endometriosis in your case.
It is a clinical diagnosis by a Gynecologist, or sometimes seen on an ultrasound.
If it fails to show up on ultrasound, then diagnostic laparoscopy is the only recourse.