Have lower abdomen pain like a tear and increases with bending. Suggest?

General Surgeon
Hi: I have a lower left abdomen pain (almost feels like a tear and more uncomfortable than painful) that I only feel when I'm involved in activities which require me to bend over (gardening, etc.). If I put my fingers on the area and push in, feels better but no lump or bulge in the area. I'm in good shape, not overweight and in very good health. and exercise regularly (5 of 7 days - biking, walking/running,elliptical if weather is bad) without incident or pain. Thinking it could be a muscle strain or, less likely, a hernia. No issues with regularity, etc. What do you think and THANK YOU!
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be musculoskeletal pain

Detailed Answer:

Pain in the left lower part of abdomen can be due to many reasons like Left ureteric stone,left twisted ovarian cyst etc.

However, as you are doing regular exercise, that too pain is related to posture, it mostly seems like musculoskeletal pain. If the pain is severe, I prescribe skeletal muscle relaxant tablet to my patients with similar complaints.

If the pain is still persisting, it is better to get an ultrasound abdomen to rule out underlying causes like hernia.

Hope I answered your query.

If you have any questions, i will clarify further.