Have low vitamin D, joint pain, problem in feet. Medicine?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i got problem in my legs during walking docter said your vitamind d is too low that is why you got problem now i got more problem in my left feet and also tell me about any test, my uric acid is normal but i got pain in my all body joints. i am 32 yrs working women an dwhich vitamin d should i take any prescription of medicine
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 47 minutes later

The pain in your legs and joints could be due to the vitamin D 3 deficiency itself or a nerve related pain. You would be asked to undergo few blood tests like Hb, RBS, TLC, DLC, ESR, RA factor, CRP and Thyroid profile along with routine urine examination. These investigations will help us find out the exact cause. Discuss with your doctor.

You can take Vit.D3 and calcium supplements after prescription of your doctor and a mild pain killer like ibuprofen for pain relief.

Hope this helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...
Follow-up: Have low vitamin D, joint pain, problem in feet. Medicine? 1 hour later
i have gone all the checkup you said in the mail all are ok including rh factor but only vitamin d 3 is low .hoe many months i will continue taking this vitamin d3.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 25 minutes later

The dosage, frequency and duration of treatment depends on the severity of the illness and need a regular clinical assessment. Usually six weeks therapy is needed to see a change in the serum vitamin D 3 levels.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.