Have low sperm count. Am I infertile? Is IVF the only way to conceive?

I have low sperm count 11.6 mil, 64% motility, but only 29% motile sperm, and high white cell 7.4, and 0% normal sperm with the inverse true for abnormal, 99%. Am I infertile? Is IVF the only way to conceive?
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

A minimum 20 million with around 70% motility would be a least requirement for one to be rendered fertile.

Based on the IVF (In vitro fertilization) the only way to conceive.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good luck.

Follow-up: Have low sperm count. Am I infertile? Is IVF the only way to conceive? 8 minutes later
Is there any way to improve my sperm normality? Is IVF even a viable option given my 0% normal sperm? How bad are my results? Please provide me qith more information, even if it ia touhh to hear.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

The count in you is too low to expect success from any mode of treatment. Also there are very less such treatment options whose success is always in question.

Though the count is very low, the "0% normal sperm" can vary from test to test. The IVF may be the only chance though with least success. Here only a few healthy sperms are employed which may not be too difficult in your case.

Also your test report says that you have a increased count of WBCs in the semen which implies that you may be having infection in the testis going on. The same infection could be the reason for the abnormal sperm production. If the infection you have is treated there may be chances to see some normal sperm or a mild increase in the sperm count.

Hope, this helps.

Wish you good health.