Have low sexual desire. Test showed slightly low testoterone level. What should be done?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
have low or no sexual desire. 49 male, testoterone level came back at 401. Dr. said it was normal my buddy said his dr said it was low it should be around 600
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

Your testoterone level 401 is slightly at lower level. Testoterone level decreases by age.

You should also try to get your testosterone levels read in the morning if at all possible. Male testosterone levels peak in the morning and then steadily decline until late evening.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.