Have low semen volume, clear and watery in nature. What should I do?

36 y/o, male, caucasion. I have very low semen volume, clear and watery in nature. If there is less than 48 hrs between ejaculations, it is almost dry orgasm. I'm concerned about fertility and there is a negative psychological aspect to it, as well. I've had bouts with epididymitis (5-7) times, my doctor didn't think much of it, and always prescribed antibiotics. I have mentioned my concern about the nature of my semen and the low volume, and again, no real concern of direction taken by him. I've read about EDO and am suspicious that that may be the case, at least, I'm hopeful because the treatment appears to be successful and fairly simple. I've looked for evidence of semen in my urine to point towards retrograde ejaculation, but have never seen anything that would make me suspicious. When I was young, right around puberty I can remember for a short time (1-2 months) having intense sexual dreams and right at the moment of climax I would wake up from pain in my pelvic region as I would climax. There would be no emission to speak of. I did nothing about it at the time as I was partly fearful and secondly ignorant, as I didn't know that this was not normal. This subsided shortly afterward and I don't recall it ever happening again. What is best case scenario? Worst case? Thoughts?
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 22 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.

The first and foremost thing you should do is to get your semen analysis done with minimum of 3 days of abstinence and maximum of 5 days of abstinence. If your semen analysis is normal then you should stop worrying about the volume or viscosity of the semen.
If one has frequent intercourse then dry orgasm is expected and hence nothing unnatural about your experiencing dry orgasm if you have repeat intercourse within 48 hours.
Recurrent epididymitis certainly needs to be investigated and you should get urinalysis and ultrasound of the Kidney-ureter-bladder region (KUB) done to rule out any pathology responsible for recurrent epididymitis.

I don't think that you are experiencing retrograde ejaculation and a semen analysis shall answer all your questions and boost your confidence. What you have experienced in childhood is essentially normal and nothing to be worried about.

Hoping to hear from you soon with semen analysis.

Good luck.

Rajiv Goel