Have low platelet count, low testosterone, low cholesterol. How to get better results?

Question
My husband has low platelet count 127 ( 140-400), low testosterone free 15.7 (25-80) and low CHOL 3.67 (3.80-5.20). What he needs to do to have better results? Also, what cost these low results?
Please advise.
Thank you,
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these troubling findings that your husband has.
I like to look at patients and not the laboratory findings. This said, is your husband having any symptoms that can suggest low platelets counts(bleeding disorders) or low testosterone count(low sexual drive, loss of male sexual features etc)? What caused him to have these tests done?

These findings are not related to each other, yet they are all on the low side. My first reflex would be to correlate these with the clinical findings. If they don't tie, then I will want to control them in future. Also, the consistent low nature of all these results that don't point to any particular illness make me to suggest that you get a repeat in a different laboratory to check for consistency before we start looking for possible causes.

If the cholesterol is for real low, then it is good news. This is what we always strive to get and hope the HDL fraction is high(good cholesterol) and the LDL fraction low(bad cholesterol).

For now, these are my recommendations.
1, If your husband has specific symptoms and reasons for doing these tests, can you please provide me with this information?
2. If the above is absent, would you please kindly control all of them in a different laboratory to control the findings?
3. Stay relaxed until we get more information. None of this is life threatening in the short run.

Hope this answers your question fully. If you have a request for more answers, please kindly address more question related to the above query. I wish you both well as we navigate the tight process to get this addressed.
Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Have low platelet count, low testosterone, low cholesterol. How to get better results? 56 minutes later
I am not satisfied with your replay. You did not respond on my questions.
Was waisting my time and money .

ps. my husband is checking every year.

Hi and sorry I didn't respond to your questions.

I kindly requested for more information in order to give you a more personalised answer and not just list possible causes of low platelets, low testosterone and low cholesterol.

The simple truth is that no single illness can explain all of these findings. Secondly, I cannot treat laboratory results without hearing from the client what his symptoms and concerns are. If these are the answers you want, I am sorry because I will no recite text available any where on the internet addressing any of my client's. What makes the difference is being able to put all the information together and come out with a most likely single cause rather than treating each item alone.

If you had provided extra information, I would have been able to provide more answers to you. Can you please answer the above questions so that I can continue the process? Thanks.

Also, I will not appreciate any payment unless you are satisfied with the quality of my services. If you will not provide any further information to help me continue addressing your query, may I kindly request that you file for a refund? You shall be reimbursed fully and I will be glad you did.

Thank you and waiting on your responses, and also specific questions to which i will also provide specific answers.
Wish you both well.
Apologise for not having met your expectations but willing to if you would help me with above information. If there are none, please let me know that is the case
Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Have low platelet count, low testosterone, low cholesterol. How to get better results? 15 minutes later
1, If your husband has specific symptoms and reasons for doing these tests, can you please provide me with this information? - he is doing every year. Was not that doctor request. Sometimes during the night he is covered in sweat.

2. If the above is absent, would you please kindly control all of them in a different laboratory to control the findings? - of course he will go to other labo

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 20 minutes later
Thank you so much for providing these answers.

Because your husband has hypothyroidism and is on synthroid, being covered in sweats at times may be related to synthroid toxicity. Did he also check his TSH levels and were found to be normal?

Please, when he controls the tests, let me know what the results are. I am genuinely interested in helping you get answers. if at the end you are not satisfied, then my patients must have always over rated the quality of my services.

Hope to hear from you.
Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Have low platelet count, low testosterone, low cholesterol. How to get better results? 2 hours later
His TSH is 3.56 (0.34-5.60)

Thank you for providing this information. It is very normal.

I will wait on the control tests to see what they turn out to be. Then, I will be able to provide more follow up answers based on that.

Wish you both well until then or if need be.

Dr.. Ditah, MD