Have low mean platelet volume. How do I increase it in natural ways?

I have lov mpv blood test, how do I increase it natural ways?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later

MPV: mean platelet volume. Low MPV itself is not an illness it is only a laboratory finding. There is no direct way to increase MPV. For its correction cause of MPV need to be treated.

Causes of low MPV:
-Idiopathic: when no cause is found
-Atherosclerosis in several vessels
-Infection, sepsis
-splenomegaly, hepatomagaly
-aplastic anemia
-chronic renal failure
-treatment with myelosuppressive drugs

So, you need to investigated further and other tests need to correlated with low MPV to reach final diagnosis. So do not worry about it, before final diagnosis and get investigated further according to your physician.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.