Have low knee fluid. What medicine should I take?

i was diagnosed to have low knee fluid
i wanna know medicine to increase the same
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 22 minutes later

Thank you for writing to us.

Although there is no particular medicine to directly increase the synovial fluid in the knees, they are medications and diets advised to increase the components (that are present in synovial fluid). The treatment for increasing synovial fluid is mainly with a few medications that act indirectly and a particular diet.

-Hyaluronic acid
-Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid supplements

-Oily fish XXXXXXX in omega-3 and 6
-Soy products (they increase hyaluronic acid production)
-Fruits like apples, melons, pears, bananas, avocados, peaches, tomatoes, etc; all are XXXXXXX in magnesium. Magnesium promotes hyaluronic acid levels to rise

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further information or clarifications. I would be happy to help you.

Best wishes.