Have low hormone level and can't take Estrogen. What to do?

Question
Thank You. Good morning.
I received a message from my OB Gyn's nurse that my hormone levels are low. I can't take estrogen.
Is there anything that I can take? How do I get my hormone levels back up?
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly reply what complaints you are having.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing healthacaremagic.

Yes definitely there are non-hormonal treatment for post-menopausal symptoms, but I need to know what is your complaint, so that I can suggest you some other options other than hormones.

Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further.

Awaiting your response.

Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have low hormone level and can't take Estrogen. What to do? 22 minutes later
I don't have any complaints. I took a blood test when I went to see my OB. Then I received a call from his nurse 2 days ago telling me that hormone levels were low. I haven't been able to talk to them about these results because they are not available until next week. This is why I contacted you. What can I take and what are the side effects of low hormone level? Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no need to treat unless you have symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX

If you do not have any symptoms then you don't have to worry about low hormone levels. It is a normal phenomenon to have low hormone levels as age advances. There is no need to treat this unless you have any symptoms like hot flashes, night sweats ..etc.

If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have low hormone level and can't take Estrogen. What to do? 34 minutes later
Thank You. Actually I have hot flashes. I've had them for a long time. Again, I can't take estrogen. Any suggestions.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try non hormonal treatment

Detailed Answer:

I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons.
Coming back to your question, after detailed analysis of your query, what you are experiencing is MENOPAUSAL VASOMOTOR SYMPTOMS. I suggest you to go ahead with Non-hormonal treatment for these symptoms, as hormonal treatment is not recommended in your case. Treatment modalities which I recommend you are:

Lifestyle changes and complementary modalities, such as paced breathing, yoga, acupuncture and exercise. Dietary supplements, such as phytoestrogens,Evening Primrose Oil, black cohosh. And some of the drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) are found to be helpful. Kindly consult your doctor for full prescription
Lastly, keep yourself cool, drink lot of fluids and water, eat lot of vegetables and fruits, decrease non-veg and spicy diet, Kindly relax and don't smoke/ drink.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,

Wish you good health.
Dr Arif