Have low heart rat eafter taking bystolic and causes dizziness with weakness. Advise?

8 hr after taken Bystolic my heart rate drops from 77 to 40 for a couple HR and will this cause some dizziness with weakness like I said .from evening meal this happen around 2am for the heart rate droped for a couple HR I am weakness all time could Bystolic cause this
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 59 minutes later
Respected Sir
1. Bystolic or Nebivolol is a beta-blocker. This group of medicines is known to cause decrease in heart rate and also a feeling of weakness at times. Feeling of weakness may have multiple reasons. It may be directly related to low heart rate which will result in low output in one minute from heart (especially if you had heart attacks in the past). It may also be related to lower pumping ability of heart under the drug effect. It may be related to direct effect of beta-blockers on skeletal muscles, which itself can cause feeling of fatigue or weakness.
2. I would request you to discuss this with your physician/ cardiologist at earliest with these insights. If he agrees, after your examination, a simple reduction of dose will take care of the problem. He will also be able to look for other causes of weakness by examining you.
Feel free to discuss further.