Have low grade fever, back pain, swelling and tightness in abdomen. Safe remedy?

Have lower right side back pain sometimes it seems as my muscles on right side of abdomen get very tight and feel like it is falling now have low grade fever have muscle spasms any ideas what can cause this. Also feel and look swollen in stomach and lower back
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I think you are suffering from muscle cramps due to electrolyte imbalance.
Take lots of fluids specially rehydrating fulids like ORS(Frutolyte etc).
You must be on antihypertensive check your blood sodium,potassium and calcium levels.
Check your pressure too.
Take acetaminophen tablets for pain and apply medicated spray to the local area.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.