Have low ejection fraction. Taking lanoxin and cholesterol medications. Experiencing fast heart rate

Cardiologist, Interventional
hi, I am 37, I had an infarction nearly 9 years ago and an medicated stent was put in place, my most recent echo shows an EF of 35%, until very recently (prior to the echo) I did not feel much exhaustion but since knowing that I do feel exhausted a little. I have been advised Lanoxin and some cholesterol lowering medications. I feel that lanoxin is suiting me well as I do feel my heartbeats getting louder and quicker doing some activities.
Kindly suggest how I can improve my EF I am in good shape and have been a athlete all my life.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 43 minutes later
Hello and welcome,

I have gone through all the details. In my opinion, please continue with medication prescribed by your physician.

Normally, if the ejection fraction goes down, there are two possibilities. If the muscle of the heart has damaged, then usually it remains the same. But, if your muscle is viable, then ejection fraction improves.

Even if it is 35%, you can do all the work and tasks of your life, and you can lead a normal life.

You can continue with exercise as advised by your cardiologist.

Wish you a healthy heart.