Have low blood pressure with numbness on arm and chest heaviness. What is causing this?

Hi, there, my right arm has been feeling a bit numb and weak in the past two weeks. In the past few weeks, I have been working extremely hard and under lots of stress. I even went to the doctor due to the feeling of heavy chest. did the cardiogram. the result was clear. No major illness in terms of medical history. Always has low pressure but assumably normal. Kindly let me know the possible causes of numb arm. Is it something I need to see doctor right away?
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 48 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. That could be due to stress. Its management is vital. The stress can change and increase the need of heart for oxygen consumption. It can lead to the feeling you mentioned. You can ask your doctor to send some blood sample to see if you have concurrently any anemia or any other hormonal issue that can aggravate this problem. Then you can ask him to introduce you to a therapist to work on stress management and also some coping mechanisms to get mastery on. That will lead to less stress in long term for you. Otherwise, you may find many diseases which are the result of chronic stress like hypertension, etc. I wish you a good health.