Have low blood pressure. What should be done?

My blood pressure seems low it is 116 over 61. I am 74
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 25 minutes later

Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Blood pressure has a range – Systolic (upper figure) between 90 and 140 / Diastolic between 60 and 90 mm Hg. Your values are in range...
     It is difficult to measure the pressure in Atrial fibrillation / there is marked beat to beat variation / the average reading over several measurements; when most beats come through – gives the approximate value...
     If you are otherwise normal / have no symptoms – nothing to worry.
     If in doubt, get it checked by your doctor [ECG and ECHO may at times be necessary to rule out any underlying pathology...]

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck