Have low blood pressure. Feeling dizzy in the morning. Feel better after taking sweet things. Diabetes?

Apparently I have low blood pressure, and I assume it is due to my lap band, every time my provider takes my blood pressure it is low, but what can be done for it? Or maybe it is low blood sugar, when I wake in the morning, I cannot get up without being a bit dizzy, or if I get too hot in the shower, I tend to feel like I'm going to pass out. If I drink something sweet, I feel much better. Any suggestions on having better mornings?
Posted Thu, 21 Jun 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The symptoms you are having could be due to low blood pressure which presents this way commonly, considering you age and gender.

There are no medications used for the direct purpose of bringing up the BP.The underlying cause of such low blood pressure has to be found treated.One such main cause would be hormonal imbalance that occurs in women at around age 40.Do get yourself evaluated by a gynaecologist for the same.

Increasing salt intake, drinking more water and juices would be best natural remedy for low BP.

Low blood sugar can be considered a cause for the symptoms you have but does not usually occur in people who are not diabetic.Hence I do not suspect the same in you.To be on safer side do get you blood glucose levels tested.

Please do accept my answer with a review , if it was satisfying.

Wish you good health.