Have low back pain which worsens with activity with pain in pelvic region. MRI was normal. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I have low back pain which worsens with activity after an hour or so. I wake in the night paralysed by pain in low back and pelvic region, turning over is total agony. Physio and GP referred me for MRI. Doctors receptionist says MRI is a normal study. I am not imagining this pain.Now what?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Hallo , thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
I am Dr XXXXXXX Gandhi, I am orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist.
I have studied your case.

This kind of pain is due compression of nerve due to spinal disc bulge
Nerve compression leads to radiating pain, which gets aggravated in a particular position
Sacroilitis leads to similar pain. Acute muscle spasm aggravates symptoms.

You need methylcobalamine, muscle relaxant with analgesic by consulting doctor
Here are my suggestions to you:
Avoid lifting weights
Sit with taking support to your back
Continue spine extension exercises
Physiotherapy – SWD (Short Wave Diathermy), IFT (Interference Therapy). Please consult a physiotherapy that could help you with this.

Have you done MRI of spine, is it normal ?
If its normal you need to do some blood investigation to rule out kidney or uterine infection.