Have low back pain when walking, soreness in testicle and having pain. What to do?

I have low back pain when walking, I freeze up and stop and bend over for a second,,,and repeat process..
I also have soreness in right testicle, and cannot determine if pain is related to back, because both are in same general area. I thought that I was sleeping with my right testicle pressed between my legs,when on my side,because I wake up with this pain.. I am 74 yrs old, and do not have any reason for testicle pain.( do not masturbate or fondle )
I have a female doctor whom I inherited when my male doctor retired and find it very hard to press this conversation.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 5 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

If the backache as started after the testicular pain then there is a possibility that it may be a referred pain from the testicules.

If not the backache may be a different entity and as to be evaluated separately.

Coming to your testicular pain.

There are many reasons for testicular pain in your age and as to be taken seriously.

1. It might be due to trauma that has create inflammation(Compression between the legs) like Orchitis.

In this case you need Analgesic and good support the the scrotum by wearing tight underway.

2. Torsion of the testis.

3. Hydrocele(Collection of fluid around the testis).

4. Infections like Epididymo orchitis.

5. Testicular cancer.

You may need

Ultrasound of the testis to arrive at a diagnosis.

Do not hesitate to mention this to your doctor.
She may refer you to a male doctor if she is not comfortable to treat this.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.