Have low WBC, low TSH, low T4. Diagnosed with hypopituitary. Have JAK2 gene and anti-phospholipid syndrome. Suggestions

I have low WBC, low TSH, low T4. I was diagnosed as hypopituitary, have very small adenoma. My mother has scelroderma, my grandmother had hashimotos. I also have the JAK2 gene(which predisposes me to MPNs) I also have anti-phospholipid syndrome. Are any of these things interrelated? What questions should I be asking my endocrinologist ?
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 13 hours later

Scleroderma, Hashimoto's and antiphospholipid syndrome are all Autoimmune conditions. One autoimmune condition may predispose to another condition quite frequently. Lymphocytic hypophysitis is an autoimmune condition as well which may be associated hypopitutarism, however in your case the cause for hypopitutary is an adenoma.

You can discuss with your doctor about the following

1. Screening you for possible autoimmune conditions- i would advice an Anti-TPO antibody and XXXXXXX for starters
2. Screening you for possible SLE (if it has not already been done)
3. Checking your entire Pituitary hormone profile- check for ACTH , prolactin and GH hormone production

As personal opinion I wouldn't worry about the etiology and other autoimmune conditions much. If I were your doctor my focus would be to screen you for other anterior pituitary hormonal deficits and treat you for the same first.

Hope this helps

With Regards
Dr. Om Lakhani.
Follow-up: Have low WBC, low TSH, low T4. Diagnosed with hypopituitary. Have JAK2 gene and anti-phospholipid syndrome. Suggestions 4 days later
What kind of tests are ordered to test anterior pituitary hormonal deficits?

You should ask for the following

1. Serum Prolactin
2. Serum IGF1
3 LH and FSH
. TSH and free T4

These are basic tests. If your doctor suspects something abnormal he may ask for dynamic tests